Hello everyone. This week, we’re excited to be sharing our shortlist for this year’s Community Rail Awards, and explaining how you can have your say on our future plans at Community Rail Network.
As always, if you have any feedback, or to contribute stories to future editions, contact email@example.com.
Community Rail Awards 2021 shortlist
A huge well done to all of the wonderful initiatives, groups and individuals shortlisted for this year’s Community Rail Awards, which you can see here, and thanks to everyone who submitted an entry. We continue to be blown away by your dedication to supporting your local communities and railways and the impact you’re having. To remind, this year’s gala dinner evening will be a hybrid event, taking place at the Guildhall in Southampton, Thursday 9 December, and streaming live online similar to last year’s event.
Also, our popular photo competition is now open. Vote for your favourite photo, depicting community rail in 2020/21 here.
Have your say on your Community Rail Network
Our annual members’ survey is now live. It’s more important than ever that we listen to our members to understand what you have going on and how we can support you. All members will be sent a link to our 2021 members’ survey, and we’d urge you to use the chance to feed in your ideas and views. It’s open until Friday September 24.
We are also inviting applications for board members to play a role in shaping the future direction of the organisation and community rail. See our board elections information pack and nomination form. Applications must be received by 2pm on 14 October 2021. Our AGM, including board elections, will take place online, 2-3pm, 2 November. Registrations will open soon.
- Biodiversity and connecting with nature at stations: 10am-12pm, 14 Sept. Book here
- Engage, communicate, connect – a half day workshop exploring frameworks, theories and techniques which support community engagement: 10am – 2:30pm, 21 Sept. Book here
- Engaging communities through storytelling and creative projects: 10am-12pm, 12 Oct. View draft programme
Partner news & external events
- Rail Delivery Group invites community rail groups to Station Strategy Webinar
- Invitation to northern community rail groups to Rail in the North of England event
- The World Cup of Stations returns
- Transport Focus Covid-19 return to rail – latest research summary