Hello everyone. We’re very busy getting ready for Community Rail Week, looking ahead to the COP26 summit, and supporting members with two new webinars.
As always, if you have any feedback, or to contribute stories to future editions, contact email@example.com.
Community Rail Week
It’s just a few days until we launch our first Community Rail Week, 18-24 October, sponsored by Rail Delivery Group, focusing on the environmental benefits of rail, and the role community rail can play in creating a greener future.
We’re so excited about everything that our members are planning and how you have embraced the week. Activities include sustainable travel workshops, creative competitions, exhibitions, ‘Go Green by Train’ pledge campaigns, engagement with schools and youth groups, ‘try the train’ trips, and question time style sessions with young people discussing the environment and transport. You can view here the list of what’s happening around Britain, so do spread the word and help us make a big splash from Monday, using #CommunityRailWeek and #GoGreenByTrain.
We’ve also produced a digital toolkit, downloadable here, with ideas and content to help you promote the week, your activities, and the Go Green by Train message. It includes infographics, sustainable travel facts, and a template press release to send to local media. Whatever you’re planning, on any scale, we’re keen to hear about it, so contact Nik or Alice and send us your pictures and reports as soon as possible afterwards so we can share. Don’t forget to share our social media posts too, on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
We’re proud to announce the Sustainable Transport Alliance, a partnership of eight organisations working to advance sustainable and inclusive travel, including Community Rail Network, will be hosting a panel event at this year’s international climate summit, COP26. People make transport: communities enabling greener travel will take place in the Green Zone, Glasgow Science Centre, 5-6pm, Weds 10 Nov, and hopefully will stream online too (tbc). To be kept informed, sign up to emails about the event, or if you’re in the area register for free tickets.
The event will showcase community-led and place-based action on sustainable travel, including in community rail. A panel of experts, including our chief exec Jools, plus transport, academic, community and government representatives, will share ideas, thinking and positivity. Our thanks to Transport Scotland and Go-Ahead Group for their support of this event.
We are now taking for bookings from members for two new webinars by our training & development team:
- Effective meetings, 10am-12:30pm, Mon 8 Nov – see details and book.
- Create surveys with confidence, 10am-12:30pm, Tues 23 Nov – see details and book
News & events from our partners
News from our members
- Highland Railway exhibition opens for Community Rail Week
- Sheffield mums and babies enjoy day out on the Hope Valley Line
- Rainbows, Brownies and Guides adopt Northumberland’s Wylam Station
- Secure cycle storage installed at Lowestoft Station
- Phenomenal response for Lowestoft Heritage Festival
- Dr Bike comes to Wokingham Station to encourage active travel
- Reigate Station Gallery installs first display piece
- Bridlington Station hosts Macmillan coffee morning
- Mytholmroyd Station Partnership welcomes young Northern volunteers
- Handforth station friends celebrate with public art workshop
- Heart of England CRP seek volunteer chair
- Community rail administration officer vacancy – North Notts & Lincs CRP