Hi everyone, we hope you’re keeping well.
See our calendar for the year
Responding to popular demand, you can now see a summary of all our main events, campaigns and activities for the year here – helping you to plan ahead to take advantage and tie in with our plans. You can still find more detail on forthcoming events and training here; work is underway to improve this page so everything will be at-a-glance.
Whole Industry Strategic Plan
Last week we submitted a comprehensive response to the GBR Transition Team’s call for evidence on the Whole Industry Strategic Plan (WISP), sharing a wide range of community rail examples and evidence. We hope many of you managed to input too. You can see our response here.
Community Rail Conference
Plans for our Community Rail Conference for CRPs, hosted by Community Rail Network and Department for Transport, are gathering pace, with new speakers confirmed each day. As well as an inspiring array of community rail case studies, we’ll also have presentations and interactive sessions around topics such as engaging young people, active leisure travel and planning in uncertain times. If you have received an invitation email and not booked yet, please do so asap, as we have limited spaces available. See the programme here.
Community Rail Week
We hope you’ve all got the date for Community Rail Week in your diaries – 23 to 29 May. We’re currently liaising with our sponsors, Rail Delivery Group, and hope to send a detailed briefing of what to expect and how you can all get involved by the end of next week.
Meeting the new Rail Minister
We recently met with the new Rail Minister, Wendy Morton MP. It was a very productive meeting demonstrating the value of community rail. The Minister was interested to hear about the full breadth of work the movement is involved in and diary permitting we hope to welcome her to one of the events during Community Rail Week.
As always, if you have comments or stories, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your next bulletin is on 23 February. Keep up-to-date in between on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Richard & Jools
Partner news and external events
- Message from Department for Transport on recent timetable changes
- Thales (Ground Transportation) join COmmunity Rail Network as corporate partner
- Northern launches latest apprentice scheme for National Apprenticeship Week
- Network Rail publishes autism friendly guide to travelling by train
- Public competition launched to find new home for Britain’s railways
News from our members
- New exhibition celebrates classic railway artwork on the South Fylde Line
- Cycle back to health at Farncombe Station
- Tyne Valley CRP gets sneak peek of new Northumberland Line
- New artwork brightens up Marks Tey Station
- Crowdfunding appeal to create new community hub at Bishopstone
- Congratulations to Northern’s Marie Addison on her MBE
- Enjoy safe cycling with Wheels 2 Rails at Wychavon