Hi everyone. We hope you’re well. We’re continuing our focus this week on community rail playing a strong part in recovery from Covid-19 and helping our communities and railways to ‘build back better’.
If you have examples to share, please send them to Nik, or chat to your usual support & development team contact if you’d like advice or a sounding board. You can continue to access our main Covid-19 guidance here, and our online resources here.
Community rail and recovery – new briefing
Drawing on the many discussions we’ve been having, and our webinar on community rail and recovery, we have now produced a refreshed briefing on this crucial topic. We’ll be using this to inform conversations with partners in government, rail and the third sector, to show how community rail is playing a key role in recovery, renewal and building back better. We hope it’s also a source of inspiration for those working in community rail. As always, let us know your examples of the contribution you’re making, or speak to the team for advice.
Give us your views
In the current environment it’s more important than ever that we listen to our members to understand what you have going on and how we can support you. All members have been sent a link to our 2020 members’ survey and we’d urge you to use the chance to feed in your ideas and views, helping to shape our future plans. The survey is open until Friday, September 25, and we’ll send a reminder to complete it later in the month. If you haven’t got the link, check your junk folder, or you can access it here.
Promoting leisure and tourism travel
With community rail picking up again on its important work to promote rail travel again, we wanted to remind of the range of ways we can support this:
- Guidance and good practice resources – on marketing and communications and tourism and leisure promotion
- Scenic Rail Britain – contact Alice to discuss making the most of our online showcase of community rail lines
- Advice from the team – talk to your usual contact or ask Nik or Alice for specialist advice on communications or tourism
- Webinar on 28 Sept – book now onto our free webinar on tourism.
As we mentioned last week, you might also find it helpful drawing on RSSB’s analysis on the safety of rail, RDG’s Safe Travel Pledge, as well as train operators’ information on which routes and services are quieter.
Keep safe and well,
Jools and Richard
News from our members
- Sussex CRP becomes Southeast Communities Rail Partnership
- Heart of England CRP and Avanti West Coast get behind Coventry acts of kindness
- Southeast Communities Railway Partnership continue their back to school support
- Key role for Lowestoft Railway Station at heritage festival
News from our partners