Network Rail are celebrating the positive contribution of disabled people on International Day of People with Disabilities (3 December), with a #purplelightup.
#purplelightup is simple – for one day, you go purple. It can be as small as wearing purple or decorating with purple ribbons, through to lighting up entire buildings, depending on your budget. At Network Rail, CanDo (their disability staff network), are working with colleagues at their stations to get involved.
Here’s a couple of ideas for you to get started:
- wear purple for the day or use purple face paint
- decorate your station(s) with purple
- reflect on your policies to check that they are inclusive for disabled people
- hold a purple themed bake off and tweet your pictures to @BritishBakeOff
- show your support through social media using #purplelightup
- engage with your local operator to see if they are getting involved
Get involved and go purple on 3 December 2018.