- Salary from £27,741 pa
- 37 Hours, Permanent
- Closing date – 4 May 2021
Do you want your work to make a difference? Do you want to support local community groups to make sure local train stations are at the heart of their communities? Do you want to play a key role in developing and delivering the Council’s ambitious rail policy and vision? If your answer is ‘yes’, Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council is the place for you. The council has an exciting role for a senior officer (Rail Policy) to join their Transport Strategy Team to provide a leading role in rail policy and community rail activity across the borough.
Projects are wide ranging with unique challenges and opportunities. You will work closely with senior officers, councillors, community groups, residents, businesses and other key stakeholders to develop and research rail policy and projects, as well as supporting the work of a local community rail partnership.
They are looking for the following skills, and attributes:
- Experience in contributing to the development of rail policy and strategy;
- Experience of working with community groups and stakeholders to design, develop and deliver local projects and initiatives;
- A creative approach to problem-solving and a can do attitude
- An organised approach to work and meeting deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with varied audiences, including members of the public and rail stakeholders;
- A professional approach, and the aptitude to work on your own initiative;
- Desire to work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams
- An ability to work flexibly, with some evening and occasional weekend working
For an informal chat about the role or to find out more, please contact Amy Beasley, Transport Strategy Manager – email@example.com