Extended deadline for entries – 30 September 2020
We are pleased to announce a special award category for this year’s Community Rail Awards. The Railway Family Supporting Communities Award, sponsored by Rail Delivery Group has been created to recognise individuals within the rail industry and community rail who have gone the extra mile to support their communities during the coronavirus pandemic.
The last few months have been a challenging time for everyone, but countless members of our railway family, at all levels, have gone above and beyond their usual duties to help their communities get through this difficult time. This award recognises those who have made a real difference as a result.
Nominations can be made for anybody within the rail industry or community rail, whatever their role, provided they fulfil the description above and the judging criteria below. Note: Self-nominations won’t be accepted.
- The nominee will have undertaken supportive action outside of their normal duties, putting local communities’ needs during the pandemic at the forefront;
- The nominee will have made a tangible difference within a community, or communities, because of their actions.
Please note: At least one and no more than four testimonials should be provided.
How to nominate
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Supporting Communities Award’ outlining the following information:
- The name of the person you are nominating, their job/community rail role and their employer/organisation;
- Their contact email address;
- One good-quality high resolution photo of the nominee (no more than 8mb);
- A description (maximum of 200 words) of what they did that makes them worthy of recognition for this award;
- Your name, role and contact email address.
Closing date – 17:00, Weds 30 September 2020.