Code of conduct
Women in Community Rail (WiCR) members have heard stories of inappropriate behaviour and some of us have experienced it. With this in mind, WiCR have launched a code of conduct to challenge negative behaviour, in and out of the workplace. Five key points make up the code:
I/we will at all times
- Promote positive relationships to deliver positive outcomes and discussions
- Champion diversity and inclusion, aiming to ensure that community rail is welcoming, engaging and respectful for everyone
- Value others by listening and not making assumptions
- Challenge bullying, harassment, intimidation and report all negative behaviour
- Never act in a manner that could bring community rail into disrepute
WiCR are asking every station friends group and community rail partnership to sign up to and ask that CRPs and station groups discuss the code of conduct at a meeting, and minute that the acceptance of the code as the way of behaving in all their activities. WiCR would be more than happy to promote organisations adhering to this code via their communications channels.
A handy credit card sized code of conduct card is available which is available via ACoRP. WiCR are also happy to talk to CRPs and station groups about the code of conduct and their work in general.
Here’s to a year that is full of transformative community rail projects and respectful behaviour!