We want you to get creative! We want to see light-hearted, inventive images that capture the essence of community rail. These can be in any setting, as long as the connection to rail/community rail is immediately obvious.
Entries invited from:
We invite entries from any source, but the below requirements must be adhered to.
• A maximum of four photos per entry
• Digital photos must be in JPEG format ONLY (high res)
• Please supply a brief, one-line title or caption for each photo in the 200-word summary section of the entry form and on a Word document to be uploaded
• Any photos that show health and safety contraventions on the railway or station will be disqualified
In submitting photos you confirm that:
- all people within the photos have provided consent for their photos to be used in publicity including print, online and all social media channels. If the photos contain images of children under the age of 18 written consent must be secured from the parent or guardian, either directly or via their school/college.
- you are the owner of the image(s) and agree to it/them being used in publicity. Or, the image(s) is/are not your own but you have the relevant permissions/consent to submit on behalf of the owner, and they agree to them being used in publicity. In this case, you must state within the 200-word summary section who you are submitting on behalf of.
- Captures ‘community rail in 2022/2023’;
- Impactful, eye-catching and good quality – credit will be given to photos that are suitable for using online and/or in promotional materials, to help raise the profile of community rail;
- Inclusive, positive, and people-orientated – the content of the photo, and/or the way it was taken or produced, helps to get across the ‘community’ aspect of community rail, and might encourage more people to get involved.
The shortlist for this category will be available on Survey Monkey for one month from 6 November 2023, for the public to vote on, and this will provide the final placings.