Hello everyone. We hope you are all keeping well and enjoying the summer – September will soon be upon us!
This week, we are meeting with West Yorkshire Mayor Tracy Brabin to chat with her about the work of community rail. This is among a number of meetings we have planned with sub-regional authorities to raise the profile of community rail and share its insights. Please note that if you have any MP or Mayoral visits planned or want support planning a visit, you can get in touch with the communications team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also starting to develop a series of policy position statements to support our external profile-raising and advisory work. We will share these with you over the coming months. If you want more information, contact Rob Lowson on email@example.com.
Community Rail Awards
With six weeks to go until this year’s Community Rail Awards in Manchester, please make sure to book your place as soon as possible. Don’t forget you can see the full shortlist here, and see our Twitter and Facebook feeds for lots of posts sharing the shortlisted initiatives.
Reworking our website
Work will begin shortly to revamp our website, which we hope will provide an improved range of support and easier-to-find materials for members, and a better shop window into community rail. Thank you to those who have contributed suggestions so far – your input is appreciated. If you have ideas on what you would like to see, let communications and marketing officer Erin know on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Session on grants bids
Whether you’ve been in community rail for years or are new to it, our online session on bidding for CRDF grants will bring you up-to-date with the Community Rail Development Fund for accredited CRPs, and provide tips on making solid grant bids. The session, 11-12.30 on 1 Sept, will include plenty of time for discussion on potential bids, and answering any queries. Register here.
Our annual members survey will launch at the start of next month. We have listened to feedback and reduced the number of questions, and, for the first time, there will be two versions: one for community rail partnerships and one for station groups. As always, we are keen to hear the views and ideas of all members to shape our future work, so please take the time to complete it.
If you have any news stories, please email our communications team on email@example.com.
Richard & Jools
- South Western Railway invites community projects to apply for funding
- Bus Users UK launch Catch the Bus Month this September
- Get all the latest tools, tips and resources from My Community
- Essex and South Suffolk CRP’s ‘Bucket and Spade’ train helps refugees adapt to life in Essex
- Cooksbridge Station Partnership receives national award
- East Suffolk Lines CRP invites local pupils to discover the benefits of travelling by train
- Bumblebee safari hosted at Hadfield Station
- Community Rail Lancashire remembers Dick, Kerr Ladies Football Team
- All Aboarders host makeover day at Welwyn Garden City Station
- Three Rivers CRP support consultation on proposals to reinstate passenger services on Waterside Line