We hope this bulletin finds you safe and well. What a few weeks it has been here at Community Rail Network. From COP26, to a visit from the PM, and some exciting steps for community rail in various parts of the country – from the Dartmoor Line reopening to a new CRP for the Kent Downs, and a development study for the Bentham Line – which you can read about below.
Telling the PM about community rail
We were thrilled to be able to tell the Prime Minister about the inspiring work delivered by community rail partnerships and station volunteers, on visit to Huddersfield last week. The visit was part of a tour the PM was taking around the North to launch the Integrated Rail Plan. Our senior team, plus volunteers from the Penistone Line, gave a brief overview of what community rail has achieved over the years and our ongoing commitment to connecting communities and their railways.
COP26 event: People Make Transport
Community rail was put onto the world stage through our joint Sustainable Transport Alliance event at COP26, which you can watch back here. We worked with our Alliance partners to coordinate the event and showcase the power of communities to create more sustainable and equitable transport. We hope this great bit of partnership working will lead to further joint efforts between our eight organisations to support and champion communities making change.
Book for our Awards – online or in person
This is your final call to book for our first in-person Community Rail Awards for two years, on 9 Dec in Southampton. If you’re already booked, make sure you reserve your place on the fantastic follow-up visits and events on the Friday, organised by SWR and GWR. Or if you can’t make it to the physical event, reserve your place for a glittering online event instead.
Richard & Jools
News and events from our partners
- New community hub at Welsh train station gets tenants and job seekers on the right track
- WiCR seeks community rail officer views on equality in community rail
- Survey shows still much to do to show rail’s green credentials
News from our members
- The Dartmoor Line reopened with Devon & Cornnwall Rail Partnership’s support
- Kent CRP celebrates opening of new Kent Downs Line
- The Bentham Line announces development study
- Marston Vale Line celebrates 175 years
- Poems on the platforms mark Community Rail Week at Bolton Station
- 25:25 vision for the Friends of Handforth Station
- Barnstaple Station gets its own garden force
- Young people’s artwork unveiled at Dronfield Station
- Beavering away at Goostrey Station
- Memorial plaque unveiled at Penistone Station
- Community Rail Lancashire project aims to commemorate historic Women’s football team
- Essex’s Ingatestone Station springs into action