Hello everyone, we hope you are all keeping well.
We’re pleased to let you know that our revamped website is now up and running. A lot of time and effort has gone into ensuring it provides a much more user-friendly way to access our information, resources, and services, so we hope you like it! Please do explore the new site and reach out to Erin with any queries or feedback.
CRP Chairs Network
This online session, 9.45am-12.45pm, Monday 25 September, will provide CRP Chairs the opportunity to share experiences, discuss issues and get up to date information and support. The booking link has been sent via email; contact email@example.com if you haven’t received yours.
Integrated Sustainable Transport Fund
Our ‘Integrated sustainable transport in community rail grant fund’ is now open to applications from member CRPs or station groups. Supported by the DfT, this grant scheme funds community rail initiatives to improve and develop integrated sustainable transport. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until 30 November, or until all funds are allocated. Find further details and examples of previous winners here or contact ISTF@communityrail.org.uk to discuss your interest and request an application form.
We’re sure you’re all getting ready for entries to open for the 2024 Community Rail Awards this Monday 11 September. Don’t forget, starting on Monday 18 September 2-4pm, we will be hosting weekly online support sessions for you to consult with our events team on preparing and submitting an entry. Find out more.
Community engagement workshop
We’re running a participative workshop for members on Tuesday 17 October, 10.30am-3.15pm, at The Circle in Sheffield, exploring how community rail partnerships and groups engage most effectively with their local communities. We’ll look at community engagement models and theories and share thoughts and ideas about how they could be used in your local settings. Book your place.
Changes to our team
Nick O’Hara has made the difficult decision to move on from his role of director of communications and policy, and we wish him well for the future. We’re pleased to say that we have already filled the post, with a familiar face, Sarah Chilton, having rejoined us last week. Sarah is looking forward to getting stuck back into the role, and we’re sure you’ll join us in extending her a warm welcome back.
Jeremy and Jools
- Northern seeks volunteers to adopt stations across the network
- Discounted tickets for Community Rail Network members to attend Rail Decarbonisation Conference
- Learn Live’s ‘Rail Safe Friendly’ initiative launches in Scotland
- Get on board with Catch the Bus Month this September
- c2c and Essex Wildlife Trust turn Thorpe Bay Station into gateway to nature
- Rail Minister welcomed along the Bentham Line
- Bishop Line CRP welcomes new Chairperson to develop community links
- Westerfield station volunteer group wins national biodiversity award
- Kent CRP bolster integrated transport links from Medway stations
- Rail Minister joins celebrations for 30 years of the Friends of Penmere Station
- Help stitch the new Transport Tapestry with Borders Railway Community Partnership
- Promotional video showcases attractions along the Hills to Harbour line