The Calder Valley Line Community Rail Partnership is a new organisation which aims to work with local communities to promote rail travel. They are looking for a self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills to help connect communities in Calderdale and Rochdale with their railway.
In this role, you will work with stakeholders along the line to build a community rail partnership.
You will lead the development and delivery of an action plan to:
- be a voice for local communities; arranging meetings, responding to transport consultations, managing projects along the line;
- promote sustainable and healthy travel;
- support diversity and inclusion; engaging with a wide range of community groups and organisations;
- contribute to regeneration in Calderdale and Rochdale Boroughs;
- draft and submit funding bids
- develop marketing and promotional materials.
You have the option to be home-based with requirements to attend meetings and visit projects in Calderdale and Rochdale. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
This post is currently temporary until 31 March 2023. It is intended that post will become self-financing and the contract will be extended subject to successful applications for funding available to CRPs.
More information about the Calder Valley Line CRP is available here.
Closing Date: 31 October 2021