Southeast Communities Rail Partnership – Reading to Ashford (Middlesex) including Windsor & Eton
- Full Time: 35 hours per week.
- Salary: £23,241.40 per annum*
This exciting opportunity is offered for a self-motivated individual, with excellent interpersonal skills, to help further connect the community with its railway.
You will work with existing stakeholders along the line to build a community rail partnership. You will be responsible for developing and delivering an activity plan to:
- be a voice for the local communities – organise steering group meetings in person and using virtual platforms, respond to transport consultations, project manage initiatives along the line.
- promote sustainable and healthy travel.
- involve diverse groups.
- support social / economic development.
- gain funding for projects.
- handle marketing and communications to promote leisure travel by rail.
- develop a Try a Train project, encouraging marginalised groups to travel by train.
- contribute to website, social media, newsletters, and press releases.
The post holder will be home based balancing home working with meetings at/near stations. A duty pass for South Western Railway will be provided to allow travel on the network. The post holder will work with the existing team of Line Officers with all aspects of developing, sustaining, and taking forward community rail projects. Some evening and weekend work will be required. We are happy to discuss flexible working hours.
*Job Share considered.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact the current post holder Maddy Mills email@example.com 07852221274 or Fiona Morton, Community Rail Development Manager on 07891 556897 or firstname.lastname@example.org View our website at www.southeastcrp.org
Applications close 1 June at 11am 2021, with interviews planned 18 June in Reading.