The Conservation Volunteers is a community volunteering charity that works to create healthier and happier communities for everyone through environmental conservation and practical tasks undertaken by volunteers. The organisation’s Community Network supports over 1600 groups across the UK who are passionate about protecting their local environment or who wish to create new green spaces to reflect their community’s unique needs. See some of the great conservation work these groups do here.
Thanks to the generous support of players of People’s Postcode Lottery, TCV are delighted to offer annual membership their Community Network for no cost. This offer is open to community rail partnerships and station groups who are working on or a planning to work on horticultural consevation and gardening projects, or groups looking for horticultural expertise for their projects. As a member of our nationwide community, you will have access to the membership benefits shown below:
- Discounted public liability and personal accident insurance, which is essential for groups carrying out practical tasks
- Exclusive access to TCV’s Community Network website; created to provide our Community Network Members with the support they need in one, easy to access, place.
- A range of specially negotiated discounts from TCV’s suppliers of tools, trees, seeds and equipment.
- Funding Support – TCV can help groups find funding with information from Grantfinder or through the Chestnut Fund
- Discounted access to our online conservation handbooks – the definitive guides to managing the countryside and green spaces.
- Support and guidance covering a range of topics – from Health & Safety to planting a wildflower meadow to volunteer recruitment and retention.
- Optional free listing of your contact details and web address on The Conservation Volunteers website
- The Community Hub, which allows you to keep a membership database, record details of your work and the sites you improve, email your members, and create reports to celebrate achievements.