Hello everyone. We hope you are all well and enjoying the summer.
Rail Minister visits
We’re pleased that Rail Minister Huw Merriman MP has been able to visit several of our members on his Summer Rail Tour, including the Settle-Carlisle Railway Development Company, Penistone Line Partnership, Bentham Line, Hampshire CRP, Conwy Valley & North West Wales Coast and Purbeck CRP so far. It’s been a great way for the Minister to see examples of community rail projects, hearing first-hand how community rail delivers greater value from rail, promotes sustainable mobility, and brings people together. Read more here.
Days Out by Rail and leisure updates
Thank you to all members and partners who engaged in our Days Out by Rail campaign. This tourism and leisure-focused campaign helped us to reach the highest number of visitors to Scenic Rail Britain since the site launched in 2017, which we hope to build on in the future. Explore the campaign content, sign up for monthly tourism & leisure updates, and see our latest. To access our support on promoting greener leisure travel by train, contact Alice.
Station gardening session
All station adoption members are welcome to join our upcoming online session focused on gardening, 6.30-8pm, Wednesday 30 August. There will be plenty of time to chat and share ideas and contacts, plus the chance to hear from Grow Feral about their project at Weston-super-Mare Station. Book your place.
There’s not long to go until entries open for the 2024 Community Rail Awards, on 11 September. Starting Monday 18 September 2-4pm, we will be hosting weekly online support sessions for you to consult with our events team on all aspects of preparing and submitting an entry. Find out more.
Jeremy and Jools
- Applications open for LNER’s Customer and Communities Investment Fund
- Get on board with Catch the Bus Month this September
- Apply for West Midlands Railway’s ‘Your Community, Your Fund’
- Office of Rail and Road release 2023 rail fares index
- Integrated travel map signposts onward travel from Seaford Station
- Celebrating 175 years of the Chester to Shrewsbury line
- First ever bilingual Audio Guide connects Cambrian Line passengers to the world outside their window
- St Anne’s cycle shelter gets revamp for station’s 150th anniversary
- Wherry Lines CRP offers exclusive opportunity to visit historic swing bridge
- Bumblebee safari returns to Hadfield Station
- Aspatria Station hosts first ever industry volunteer day
- Leeds-Morecambe CRP launches wellbeing campaign with Northern’s ‘Year in Industry’ students
- Hereward CRP shares 2022-23 highlights
- Promotional video highlights Worcester’s hidden gems accessible by train