Hello everyone. It was a pleasure to see so many of you at the Awards in Manchester the week before last. It was a fantastic event and we have received some really positive feedback on the new format. We hope you enjoyed the special edition newsletter and, if you haven’t already, do check out the Winners Booklet.
Days Out by Rail Campaign
Monday saw the launch of our Days Out by Rail campaign, involving many of our members across the network. This three-week campaign is raising awareness of rail as one of the greenest ways to travel with the family (especially when combined with walking, cycling and buses), avoiding traffic jams, parking and pollution, while enabling exploration of lesser-known spots as part of a day out, short break or staycation.
The campaign includes tips on low-cost days out by rail, things to do with the grandkids, as well as highlighting some of Britain’s fascinating hidden gems, all accessible by train. For details on getting involved, visit our website or contact Alice Mannion on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Rail Network AGM
Community Rail Network will hold its next Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Tuesday 1 November 2022 (14:00-15:30) on Zoom. Register here to attend, to hear our members’ survey results and initial plans for next year.
Webinar: Station buildings
Join us from 10:00-12:00 on 15 November for an online session taking an in-depth look at how community rail partnerships, groups and others in the community can approach disused railway buildings and rooms and spearhead their development for community benefit. The webinar will explore how to engage your community and key partners and overcome common challenges to transform disused railway property into thriving hubs. Full details here.
If you have any news stories, please email our communications team on email@example.com
- Northern to reward 1,000 commuters with ‘free’ train journeys to work
- 25% discount on tickets for Smart Transport National Conference
- Education Network launch Sustainable Travel Education Toolkit
- Hereward CRP celebrate 10th anniversary
- Michael Portillo praises award-winning work of station adoption group
- Full steam ahead for 30th Settle-Carlisle anniversary event
- Southeast Communities Rail Partnership host child safety event at Edenbridge Station
- Community Rail Lancashire and local schools unveil ‘Trains of the Reign’ artwork
- Tyne Valley CRP premiere short film sharing memories of WW2 evacuees
- Buxton Station goes green with mental health message of support
- CRPs recruiting freelance Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- All smiles on the last Music Train of Penistone Line Partnership’s summer season