Community Rail Week
With less than a week to go until Community Rail Week, please tell our comms team about your planned activities by the end of tomorrow (Thursday), so we can help to spread the word. Or simply fill in our simple form to tell us what you’re doing and to download our resource toolkit. To be featured in next week’s special celebratory bulletin, send high-quality photographs and info on how your activities went to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Tuesday 30 May. Best wishes to all members and partners running the 85+ activities planned!
Partner organisations wishing to promote and amplify the campaign online can request a partners’ toolkit from Alice.
Tackling loneliness webinar
Join our webinar to learn how our “Tackling loneliness with transport” project has engaged young people, boosting confidence, mobility and wellbeing to reduce the risk of loneliness. The project, funded by DfT, involved evidence-based pilots in different locations, led by CRPs and youth organisation Catch 22, advised by University of the West of England (UWE), ensuring lessons are learnt. The webinar is on Thursday 8 June, 10am-12.40pm. Book now.
Days Out by Rail
Save the date: we will be holding this year’s ‘Days Out by Rail’ tourism and leisure campaign 3 July-28 July, delivered through Scenic Rail Britain. We’ll be encouraging members to get involved with local and online tourism and leisure related promotions and activities and asking for content for our blogs and digital communications, based on specific themes. To discuss getting involved, contact Alice.
Community Rail Awards 2024
We’re delighted to announce that the Community Rail Awards 2024 will be held on Monday 18 March 2024 at the stunning Swansea Arena, with headline sponsors/hosts Transport for Wales and GWR. Online entries open 11 September 2023, with the entry booklet available at the same time. In the meantime, see our Categories & Criteria to help you start thinking about entries. We’re reintroducing the ‘It’s Your Station’ category; information will be issued early June, with a toolkit to assist station groups in preparing entries.
Industry partners may also be interested in the remaining Awards sponsorship opportunities available; if so, please email Hazel.
- Host a ‘Great Train Together’ this June
- Canal & River Trust works with Northern to promote rail to canal walks
- Your chance to get involved in Rail Safety Week (26 June-2 July)
- Community rail projects awarded Accessibility Innovation funding
- How you can take part in a week-long celebration of sustainable transport (12-18 June)
- Station display highlights Whitehaven’s tourism offer
- Friends of Buxton Station continue leading tributes to Ukrainian community
- Popular RSPB Arne summer shuttle bus returns to Purbeck
- App provides walkers with 17 Rail Trails across the Darent Valley
- Legacy award celebrations for Chair of the Bentham Line
- Bees need weeds: how station groups can help the bumblebees this summer