Hi everyone! We are pleased to introduce our newest team member, Caroline Thompson-Noble, who has joined Community Rail Network as our new Sustainable Travel Engagement Co-ordinator for Scotland. Caroline comes with a wealth of experience and we look forward to her working alongside Scotland’s community rail partnerships and groups.
Days Out campaign
As you have hopefully spotted already, in light of the industrial action, we decided to temporarily put our Days Out by Rail campaign on hold. We hope to be able to confirm a new launch date of 22 July in the next two weeks. Please do get in touch if you have put any plans in place around the campaign and if the delay causes you problems. Or, if members need support or advice with any comms activity, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Impact demo reminder
Our training & development coordinator Alex Peel will be running an online demo of our Impact tool on Zoom on 5 July, 2-3pm. The session will go through how the platform works to help you measure and assess your achievements, how it can be customised, and how to conduct surveys. You can also find more information on our Impact webpage.
Leisure Travel Webinar part 2
A reminder that our second webinar on “Leisure travel: how to reach and engage your audience” will take place online on 12 July, looking at developing an effective strategy for promotional activities. This session will look at how you can blend a variety of channels and work with partners to maximise reach. Book your place here.
Community Rail in the House of Lords
On Tuesday, Jools gave evidence to the House of Lords Built Environment Select Committee. The Committee is undertaking an inquiry on Public transport in towns and cities. Committee members were keen to hear about community involvement in transport provision and how the Government’s commitment in the Williams-Shapps Plan for Rail to empower community rail can be realised. The Committee will report back later in the year and make recommendations to the Government.
Community Rail Awards
Thank you to all those who submitted an entry for this year’s Community Rail Awards. We had a fantastic 213 entries, one of the highest responses we have ever had. The shortlist will be announced on 8 August. Don’t forget to book your place for the Awards Ceremony in Manchester on 5 October: bookings are open until 9 September so be sure to book early to avoid disappointment.
If you have any news stories, please email our communications team on email@example.com
Richard & Jools
- Scotland outlines updated vision for National Transport Strategy
- Further projects supported by DfT’s ‘Restoring Your Railway’ Fund
- Young people create railway themed arch at Duffield Station
- STEM studio opens for schools along the Settle-Carlisle line
- Bishop Line community comes together to celebrate connection through music and art
- Students deliver ‘Access for All’ project on the Bentham Line
- Friends of Cark Station hope for more success with this year’s Cumbria in Bloom
- Celebrating 175 years of the Southampton to Dorchester railway
- Friends of Batley Station host annual Great Get Together celebrations
- South West Wales Connected CRP contributes to Swansea’s Green Recovery
- Friends of Goostrey Station ‘map out’ a creative weekend in Crewe