Hello everyone, we hope you are all well. Since the last bulletin, we have a new Prime Minister in Liz Truss MP, along with a new cabinet. We look forward to continuing our good relations with the Department for Transport and new Secretary of State for Transport Anne-Marie Trevelyan MP, ensuring community rail’s insights are shared across government.
Stand for our board
We want to encourage all our members to consider standing for our board – a chance to shape our future direction of travel and play a crucial role in our ongoing development as an organisation and a network. You’ll find testimonies from current board members offering insights on what being a board member entails, and lots more information, here. Please also put the date and time of our AGM in your diary: 2-3.30pm, 1 November.
The link to our all-important members’ survey will be sent out tomorrow (8 September) so please keep an eye out and make sure you contribute your views.
The next demonstration of our Impact tool, which is free for all our members to use, takes place online on 26 Sept at 3-4pm. It will look at activity logs and surveys and go through how to get started. The demo is for Community Rail Network members only. Book your place.
If you’re unsure if Impact is for you, we also have a set of Impact case studies here showing how other members are making use of the tool.
Policy and profile-raising
In the next bulletin, we will provide an update on the discussions we have been having with the Great British Railways Transition Team, so look out for this.
Our meeting with West Yorkshire Mayor Tracy Brabin went well and there was a real sense of support for the work and insight which community rail groups and partnerships can offer in relation to key policy areas. Do get in touch with Sarah Chilton from our Comms Team if you want support with any profile-raising work, or you want to share how you’re working with mayoral authorities, sub-national transport bodies and the like.
You may recall we reported a couple of months ago about evidence we provided for the House of Lords Built Environment Committee on public transport. Our written evidence has now been published here.
We’re recruiting a part-time, freelance Community Rail Development Coordinator to help us further strengthen our member support work across the North of England, and our targeted support for station adoption groups. If you know anyone who might be interested, please point them to our website.
If you have any news stories, please email our communications team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard & Jools
- DfT release walking and cycling statistics
- CoMoUK release new guidance on mobility hubs
- Entries close soon for Backtrack rail safety competition
- Tyne Valley CRP welcomes Rail Minister to Haltwhistle Station
- Penistone Line Partnership unveil series of mosaics at Barnsley Interchange
- Station Connections art exhibition heads to city centre station
- Poacher Line CRP open new community space at Sleaford Station
- Updates on community rail in Scotland
- Heart of Wales Line launch new logo
- Kent CRP promotes the importance of rail safety
- Wherry Lines CRP opens historic swing bridge for Heritage Festival
- Children’s rail safety book now available for online orders